Cervine Eternal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misty morning

2 posters

Go down

Misty morning Empty Misty morning

Post  Cadeyrn Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:13 pm

A wet nose touched the soft green grass, grass scenting the humid air with a sweet aroma luring deers from all over the place towards the grasslands. The great open fields where almost empty, this misted morning was calm and the air was chilled and still. Almost nothing moved, well.. almost. Grazing the grass the stag filled his hungry stomach, letting his eyes and ears scan the area surrounding him, making him no easy target for anything. His senses was at it's highest, even though he was a bit dull this cold morning. With grass filling his muzzle he lifted his head up high, checking the area with his eyes, watching another animal in the distance moving around the grass doing the same as him. He flickered his ears, clipping them and trying to listen if anything was giving out a sound. Though there was sound, he did not fear anything from the small birds chirping their lovely morning melody, not the flutter of wings when some where startled of him moving about the area searching for even more delicious grass.

He grunted a bit, watching the birds fly off towards safer places before he himself turned his head down, lowering his muzzle down to the grass and bit off more grass to chew on. Flickering his tail a bit he felt the tranquillizing feeling given from the calm morning, as well as the hunger of him getting satisfied. He smiled a bit, letting his head up high and swallowed the grass. Feeling full, he let out a high noise, watching if any other animal around was there to answer or not.
Cadeyrn
Cadeyrn

http://virochan.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Misty morning Empty Re: Misty morning

Post  Twindle Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:40 pm

Some distance away the head of a young buck rose from the ground to investigate where the noise had come from. He slowly rotated it as to examine the misty grasslands around him to attempt to locate the strange noise, his ears also scanned for any auditory clues as to where it could have originated. As he turned he noticed another buck. He carefully looked over the creature before deciding to fully arise and trot over to the other denizen of the grasslands as to see what it wanted.
He attempted to keep his head high as to hide his feeling of intimidation caused by the larger buck, but decided to take a less aggressive stance as to avoid a possible misunderstanding between the two, a fight was something he really didn't want to deal with. He stopped a few meters away and gave a polite nod and let out a short "Hello"
Twindle
Twindle

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadeyrn Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:57 pm

Drawing in the scent of the area in his nose, he could catch the scent from the other one now coming closer, he grunted, a gentle noise, low and calm. Raising his head a bit, showing his antlers seeing the other one having raised his head when he was further away, he then did the same of lowering his in respect smiling at the other buck when he lowered his. A nod when he came closer, Cade did no sudden moves nor intended to look weak on anyway. Greeting the other buck with a calm look on his face. "Greetings, lovely morning. Isn't it?" Cade waited calmly for an answer, not rushing anything.

A dark voice flow gently from his throat, flicking his ears against the other buck. He simply wanted a conversation, but wouldn't say no to more than just talk. Maybe a walk down to the waters, even if the grass here was filled with much needed liquid he did love to fill up on water as well.
Cadeyrn
Cadeyrn

Back to top Go down

Post  Twindle Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:27 pm

He observed his surroundings to make sure there were no uninvited creatures around, and then replied softly "That it is" His voice was gentle and kind, with a higher tone that reflected his age well. He yawned and slowly looked over the section of the buck he could currently see, roughly jotting it down in his head, just to make sure he wouldn't forget. He began to speak again "I don't believe we've met before, I'm Twindle, and who might you be?" He tilted his head to the side waiting for an answer, and quietly sniffed the air, taking in the gentle smell of the flora around him.
Twindle
Twindle

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadeyrn Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:43 am

Keeping his eyes on the other buck as he talked, he let one of his ears move around listening to some stressed chirping behind him, he snorted at them quickly, moving his head back and forth a second to watch them. As he got an answer, he nodded his head slowly, indeed, of course he was right. His tail twitched, a sign of him getting a bit uneasy standing still as he was not used to stand still on one place for to long. He was a traveller, a nomad that never was spotted in the same place twice a day, or week even.

"They call me Cade, though my name is Cadeyrn. Pleased to meet you Twindle"
He took one step closer, getting even closer slowly but did not do any sudden movements. His eyes closely watched the markings of the bucks neck, interested a little of them, he resisted to open his mouth for that, and instead asked.
"Mind.. if we take a little walk? My legs are feeling, uneasy standing still"
He blinked his eyes, turning both ears towards Twindle.
Cadeyrn
Cadeyrn

Back to top Go down

Post  Twindle Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:05 pm

He straitened his head at the response and smiled "Nice to meet you too Cade, and sure, I wouldn't mind. Any specific place you had thought of?"
The slow advancing grabbed his attention slightly, but his brushed the thought aside and continued to focus on the deer. Occasionally he would lift a hoof off the ground for a little, there was still some stiffness in his legs from the walk down here the day before, it wasn't often that he left the Great Tree, but he did it every now and then to get some more nutritious grass than that of the forest, the trees blocked most of the sunlight, and even the patches that did grow tended to be small and malnourished. Then he began to repeat the bucks name in his head over and over to commit it to memory, as he was never very good at names and often offended others when he forgot.
Twindle
Twindle

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadeyrn Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:27 pm

He smiled in return, feeling a bit more calm thinking this one was not anything to worry about, not when if came to hostility. In fact he found Twindle quite the company, and wouldn't mind talking to him more often about anything between heaven and earth. At the reply, he turned his head against the closets stream, a small stream that was close to the Iron River running through the grasslands.
"I was thinking of taking a drink, how about it. I would be honoured to have your company"
He began moving, step after step his long legs moved trough the grass, sometimes lifting the legs high to move over a rock or rift in the ground. Cade had his eyes on Twindle, looking if he was following him when he had turned around his body, and begun walking. He signed a bit, not because he was tired, but because he felt a bit safer with the thought of someone else being able to help out holding and eye on the surroundings. Even though the fact they where eternal, he still had it in him to be afraid of predators or worse, the more wicked personalities of the lands.
Cadeyrn
Cadeyrn

Back to top Go down

Post  Twindle Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Twindle quickly followed after, eager to get some water into his system, he hadn't ate or drank since he'd awoken. He made sure to avoid stepping on or in something he would regret, such as a snake burrow. While walking he made sure to not only examine the ground in front of him, but also the land around, scanning for predators, or something else that might be a danger to the two. He walked keeping behind Cade, but still to the side, not stepping directly in his tracks to make sure that if anything had found their trail, it would know there was multiple deer, and not just one, hoping that it make them seem as a bigger challenge to deter any possible predators.
He spoke up while walking "Honored to have my company, eh? Why's that? I'm no one special." He made sure his head was facing Cade when he spoke, as to make it easier to hear him, though when he was done he began to scan his surroundings again.
Twindle
Twindle

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadeyrn Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:20 pm

He smirked a bit at the reply from Twindle, it was known that others did not understand the ways of which he spoke, he was just.. odd. Letting his legs move back and forth, he trotted on coming closer to the waters of which he knew was there, and almost could see now. "Well, It's good to gain new friends, and I am honoured to be in such polite company as yourself" He nodded at Twindle, letting a short and small grunt out from his muzzle as he smiled. Soon they arrived at the small stream, looking down at the fresh flowing water he let his eyes look around a bit before letting his gaze upon Twindle. "And so here we are" He chuckled, but then shivered a bit, feeling a small breeze of chilled air come from the north of the northern forest.
Cadeyrn
Cadeyrn

Back to top Go down

Post  Twindle Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Twindle matched Cade's pace as he began to trot, making sure not to fall behind, and stopped next to him by the clear water of the stream. He turned his head to face Cade, and smiled when he chuckled. He was some what fond of Cade, he seemed like a rather respectable buck. Twindle nodded at Cade's first sentience "Always, and likewise"
He looked down at the stream. "Why don't you drink first, I'll stand watch, just in-case"
He felt as if he needed to be ever vigilant around his new friend, as to warn him of any danger, even though he seemed capable of dealing with it himself. Twindle wondered if there was any specific reason Cade was out here, but decided not to say anything, he didn't want to seem to intrusive.
Twindle
Twindle

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadeyrn Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:39 pm

He listened to Twindles word, smiled at them in mind and replied. "Alright, I'll be done in a minute" Then begun to drink, his head lowered to the pouring water and stepped with one of his hooves right in the stream, feeling the water against his feet. Rather quickly filling his stomach he swallowed the last drop, licking his muzzle and nose dry and raised his head. His ears was still surveying the area even though he knew that Twindle was keeping a sure eye around. Old habits dies slow, he thought and nodded at Twindle letting him know he was done and full.
"Thank you, that was much needed, now it's my turn to keep watch"

He backed off a bit, giving more room in a respectful manner, while turning his head around watching some movement in the tall grass far away. Someone seem to be having their little fun over there, his eyes had been drawn towards the place where the birds had been chirping before, and now he knew why. A small ferret-like creature, that was what he saw. No threat at all for them, alone of together, so he turned his head back to Twindle.
Cadeyrn
Cadeyrn

Back to top Go down

Post  Twindle Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:08 pm

Twindle continued to stand watch as Cade drank, noticing nothing of anything threat to the two, a few birds, a turtle by the side of the stream, and the patch in the grass where he had been laying. Every few seconds he would turn to check on Cade, to make sure he hadn't let anything slip past so it could get at him. When Cade was done he nodded and went to the stream himself, lowing his mouth into the water and slowly sucking the water in. It was cool and fresh, like that of the creek near the tree that he always had drank from. After he had his fill he snapped his head left and right quickly, as to shake off any drops still clinging on to his face. He brought his head back up and turned around "Done" he spoke quickly. He walked up beside Cade and let out some words "Anywhere else you'd like to go?"
Twindle
Twindle

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadeyrn Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:23 pm

(Sorry, been away from the net for some time, didn't have time to say I was gonna go xD Though I will have some time now and then, and will probably be back "completely" after this weekend ^^ Will continue replying in the RP of course :'D)

Keeping a watchful eye on their surroundings he could not still stop thinking about what to do next, looking around the open fields further away towards some larger rocks and a dead tree. Hearing that his friend was done, he nodded and begun to think of what to do next. Since they both where full, they did have some extra energy to do almost anything now, almost. He smirked a bit, feeling an itch creeping upon his neck and tried scratching it with his back hoof, not reaching the spot he signed and put his hoof down again. "Well, maybe we could just go for a walk, and talk to eachother?"
He said, his voice was low and deep, even though he did not sound at all hostile. He smiled and raised his head a bit, backing off some steps to let more room for his friend to move in, respectfully lowering his head a bit again.
"I mean, if you don't have any other idea. I do not tend to talk much to others, but you seem to be easy to speak with, and I'd love to know more about you, as well as tell whatever you'd like to know about me in return"
His eyes was on the ground at the moment he spoke that, turning his ears around now and then to pinpoint different sounds, letting him know there was no danger around to close.
Cadeyrn
Cadeyrn

Back to top Go down

Post  Twindle Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:22 pm

(not a problem Smile mmkay, and I shall still be here, ready always, well almost always)

Twindle stood calmly for a short bit of time, thinking of anything he'd rather do. A walk sounded quite nice, and he certainly had enough time and energy for one. "I don't see why not."
In fact, it sounded like a great idea, if the weather stayed as nice as it was now, that is. A walk in the rain was fine at best, and only when you were in the mood, which he certainly wasn't, doom and gloom didn't sound any good to him today.
"Heh, I'm not the social type either, and would there happen to anything you'd like to know specifically? and I'll most likely end up repeating your questions back at you, if that's okay."
He made sure to look at Cade when speaking, something his mother had drilled into his brain to do, for some reason she had thought it as being rude, even though he never could seem to figure out why. He could hear others just fine when they spoke, whether or not they were or weren't looking at him directly. Though after he was done he began to survey his surroundings, always checking for any possible threats.
Twindle
Twindle

Back to top Go down

Post  Cadeyrn Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:13 pm

((Sorry, can't continue due to that I have been gone for to long. I dunno what I have done and more.. Hrm, hard to explain. Anyway.. I can't continue Sad ))
Cadeyrn
Cadeyrn

Back to top Go down

Post  Twindle Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:24 pm

((Its not a problem, I'd rather have you tell me than just drop off the face of the world XD Believe me, thats happened enough times already, hope you can get back into the grove of the internet without to much of a problem, good luck!))
Twindle
Twindle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum